When life feels draining and stressful, don’t you wish it were as simple as plugging in and recharging like some of your electronic devices? Good news—it is. The real question is: are you choosing to reconnect?
You’re asked to show up for these days. It’s easy to lose connection with what’s important in life, what nourishes you, and how crucial it is to reenergize regularly. Maintaining your connection to your spirituality is key. Don’t wait until your spiritual battery is empty. Find ways to “plug in” and recharge.
Spirituality orients you, helps you understand that you are a part of something bigger than yourself, and allows you to tap into greater peace, love and inspiration.
What can happen when you aren’t feeling spiritually fulfilled?
When you feel disconnected from your spirituality, things tend to go downhill.
You aren’t able to be as present with others, let alone yourself. You may feel the pain of loneliness, which is actually the pain that results from the illusion that you are (or you’ve ever been) alone or separate from the Universe around you. You can feel numb, spaced out, indifferent, or frustrated. Have you ever experienced this?
Here are just a few common signs that you might be ready for a recharge:
- A sense that there’s something missing from your life, no matter what you do
- Generally unfulfilled
- Lonely, isolated, like the weight of the world is resting on your shoulders
- Disconnected from your body and its messages
- Feeling as if your heart is closed, blocked, walled off
- Lack of awareness of thoughts, emotions and deeper desires
If you nodded your head or internally cringed a bit (“damn…totally busted!”) when reading these, don’t wait until your battery dies. We all know that batteries always seem to bonk at the most inconvenient time possible. Don’t let this happen to you.
If you’re feeling disconnected, try these tips to tap in and switch on again.
- Breathe and visualize connecting to the grounding energy of the earth and the expansiveness of the sky above you.
- Journal or free-flow writing (no editing, just “vomit” your thoughts onto the page)
- Do yoga (Hatha, Ashtanga, Tantra, Kundalini, Bikram, or whatever style you love)
- Go into nature and reconnect with the elements, Mother Earth, the power of the natural world (lie in the grass, listen to the birds, watch water move)
- Go on a mini retreat – unplug from the demands of your life and reconnect with yourself. “You Time” is healing!
- Take a solo vacation to the beach, mountains, countryside or desert
- Listen to music that brings you into your body, moves you from within, and lifts your mood and energy
- Write down things you’re grateful for, the abundance in your life, and things that are going well
- Move your body with awareness and intention
- Nourish your body and eat healthy, delicious foods that make you feel alive and light
- Dance, move, wiggle, shake, or bounce—anything to get the stuck energy unstuck!
- Volunteer and give help to others in need
- Hug someone, have a good cuddle session, or get a massage. Non-sexual, intimate touch is an incredible way to recharge and feel rejuvenated. Science has my back on this one.
Now that you’ve had a chance to take this in, it’s time to take action. No joke. Go back over this list right now. Pick the one you like best, the one that you got a little excited about when you read it. Commit yourself to trying it next time you feel really drained. Let me know how it worked for you. Drop me a line at email@example.com. I’d love to hear from you.
Spiritual connection is key in creating a rich, abundance and fulfilling life. Find your unique plug and come back to life. Refresh. Regenerate. Reenergize yourself. You deserve it.